VAMA | Energy Glossary

Explore the Energy Glossary

Look up terms beginning with:


1. n. [Drilling Fluids]

A copolymer of vinyl acetate (ethylenic polymer) and anhydrous maleic acid (a di-hydroxy acid). The vinyl acetate polymer component is usually high molecular weight. As such, with polar groups on the structure, it is used as a flocculant or bentonite extender.

Alternate Form: vinyl acetate-maleic anhydride copolymer