gas-water contact | Energy Glossary

Explore the Energy Glossary

Look up terms beginning with:

gas-water contact

1. n. []

A bounding surface in a reservoir above which predominantly gas occurs and below which predominantly water occurs. Gas and water are somewhat miscible, so the contact between gas and water is not necessarily sharp and there is typically a transition zone between 100% gas and 100% water in reservoirs.

Alternate Form: GWC

See: fluid contactgas-oil contactimmiscibleoil-water contactreservoir